Big Two Card Game
Capsa Banting, also known as the Big Two game in Chinese is a popular card game whose origins can be traced back to coastal China in probably 1980. The card game soon found popularity with the poker loving crowd and quickly spread to Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Philippines, and Singapore. Soon it became one of the most popular games in the South East Asian countries. Indonesia alone has such large numbers of people playing the card game that it is absolutely mindboggling.
Rules of the Game
The game is played between either 2 or 4 players. A deck of 52 cards is used for the game. This does not include Joker. Each player has to make three types of poker hands:
- Front end hand of 3 cards
- Middle hand of 5 cards
- Back hand of 5 cards
The ordering suite is decided from high to low as spades, hearts, clubs, and diamonds.
Players have to play all the cards in their hand by playing them in legal playable combinations.
Legal Playable Combinations
The four types of legal playable combinations are as follows:
- Single Card: A player can play a single card from two (higher card) to three (lower card).
- Pairs: A player can also play two equally ranked cards in a pair.
- Triples: Just like in pairs, a player can play three equally ranked cards together.
- Straight: Here a player can play 5 cards at once with consecutive rank.
- Flush: In this one a player can play any 5 cards of the same suit.
- Full House: This one includes three cards of one rank and two cards of another rank.
- Four of a kind: This one has four cards of the same rank from all suits and any other card as the fifth one.
- Straight Flush: This has 5 consecutive cards from the same suit.